October 20, 2020 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Washington Metro Oasis - Online
Clarity of Mind: Essentials for Brain Longevity
With Jane Stelboum, Founder of Sarasvate (sar-as-vah-te´), Certified Brain Longevity Specialist, Yoga Teacher/Trainer, EYT200 RYT500,
Feeling forgetful or experiencing that brain fog during this stressful time? Looking to live life with more clarity and vitality? Concerned about your own brain health or those you love and care for? Join Jane Stelboum and learn how yoga and other specific lifestyle choices can give you the best chance of success at brain longevity through this engaging and experiential workshop. You’ll learn:
* The Four Pillars of Prevention® developed by the Alzheimer’s Research and Prevention Foundation, including discussions on diet, exercise, stress management and spiritual fitness.
* The science behind stress and how it leads to cognitive dysfunction.
* The power of breath and movement to reduce stress, improve sleep, stay focused and provide energy, all factors in maintaining positive brain health.
* The Kirtan Kriya meditation, and the research behind its many positive benefits, including improved memory (even for those already showing signs of memory loss), reduced inflammation, and improved overall well-being.
* Practical tools that you can incorporate into your daily life and that of those you care for.
No prior yoga experience necessary.